Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year - New Day

Happy New Year!
It is hard to believe that another year has passed. Time really does fly by.
It is also hard to believe (for me at least) that it has been over a year and a half since I last posted. Anyone who would read this is more likely to read Alissa' blog as she actually updates fairly regularly. So there isn't much catching up to do.
Much has changed and for the better.
There are still struggles, but I know these new struggles are worth having.
This new fight is worth fighting.
The changes in our lives that got us here were slow and gradual: a real process. The internal struggle was immense. There was no magic potion, no easy button, no seven step process. There was not a clearly definable "Aha!" moment. There were many steps and "aha"s along the way.
By the grace of God we have landed here: by His mercy alone.
When the lights lower, when I lay my weary body down, as my mind wanders off to sleep: I no longer wonder if my life is headed in the direction it is supposed to. I no longer worry about my work being meaningful. I no longer think, "How long can I go on like this?"
I know instead that we are making a difference. I know that tired and worn we may be, we will wake refreshed. We will be made new for this work. With God all things are possible.
One change, one struggle, one new day at a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home