Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Two Weeks Plus

So, its been a while since the last post, which was a short treatise on the lack of said posting.
There seems to be a trend here.
Things I heard growing up are coming true.
Things like -
time flies faster as you get older...
I'm too young to feel so old...
it seems only yesterday...
where does the time go...
one of these days, you'll understand...
I can't do _____ like I used to....
The list could go on.
At this point, time seems to get shorter. Tasks seem to take longer. Restful sleep seems harder to come by. Things in general seem to be take more out of me than they should. I know the reason is I am stretched out and have been for so long. Some people wouldn't think that I am stretched quite as much as I am. Sometimes things are more than they appear. Sometimes its harder than it looks. Walking this particular path along life's road has started to grow old on me and is making me weary.
There are people and moments that energize me, that make the fatigue and fog lift. My wife, Alissa. Our children Aidan, Alora and Aralyn. Both of our church families. The "Aha!" moments that hit me almost daily. The awe and wonder of worship. The beauty of learning and growing that is in our children. The music that constantly surronuds me. The peace felt as I watch the sun rise or set. The overwhelming flood that hits me when I realize GOD loves me even still.
These are the things I live and look for and thank God for giving me. These are the things I cherish as this particular path keeps winding. These are the things that will make this portion of the journey seem just as bright and wonderful as it really is when I am blessed to look back upon it. One day this portion will be over and I know at some point I'll wonder how it passed so quickly and where all the spent time went.
I look and hope for the change but try to balance that with remembering to treasure the now before it is gone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alissa said...

I love you and hope that the change helps. It will get better.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home