Monday, January 30, 2006

Unfaithful

To this blog thing anyway.
I had hoped I would be able to take the time at least weekly to journal my life and thoughts. Really, I would like to be able to more often. Yes, there is more going on in my head and life than I have been able to share. It has, as so often things do, come down to how I prioritize my time. So far, this just hasn't been high on that list. I could explain why and what is ahead, but it doesn't really matter. Those reasons are more for me than any one else. But then again, so is this blog in the first place.
So maybe I will share some things about it.
First time thing is: I work. A lot. Just ask my wife. Three jobs make for little time to take for yourself.
Second time thing: I have a family. I am a husband and father and absolutely love it. But this also takes time. Takes up most of the time I have "to myself." There are no other people on this earth I would rather share that time with than my family. I'm not saying I am the "World's Greatest Dad" or "Number 1 Husband." I'm certainly not. Sometimes I am ashamed of how I behave toward them. It is a work in progress that requires whatever time I can give.
Third time thing: Sleep. Yes, I need it too. I rarely actually get enough sleep and am often tired beyond reason. This is one of the reasons that I am such a jerk sometimes. (the real reason is that I lack self control.) The lack of sleep does not come for lack of trying, just lack of time.
In between those big three time takers, I eat, drive to and from said jobs, take care of nature's business and many other mundane yet vital daily activities.
So to you, the reader (and to myself), I would like to say that I really do like you and enjoy sharing with you. But you are just a hobby, granted one that I enjoy, but there are other more important things that I think about and spend my time on. Perhaps in the future, I will be able to get on a regular track with this thing.
But if not, I appreciate your patience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home