Wednesday, July 27, 2005

And They're Off!

Alissa and the kids have just left on a trip up to the grandparents house in Asheville. Its a good 3.5 hour trip if everything goes well. This will be little Aralyn's "First Big Car Ride." I hope that she'll do well on the trip.

They will be up there for several days, scheduled to be home again Sunday. Actually, Alissa is planning to be in Aiken in time for "Gracie's Tea Party." Gracie is a sweet little girl friend of Aidan's. She will be five in a few days and the party should be quite a fun time for the little tykes.

While the family is gone I will be working extra hard. It is always easier for me to do extra big jobs when they are out of town as it is so much easier to leave the house when no one is there to play with. Of course, Aidan wants me to go with them. I'd love to, but time does not allow it at this point. He asks me why I have to work so much. It really is a good question. There are so many answers to that question: we need the money for food, our house, our vehicles, our clothes etc... God has provided me with opportunities to earn a living and sometimes that responsibility overrides my desire to take time off.

I know its hard for him to understand. Sometimes I don't really get it myself. Instead I have learned to accept things where my four year old still questions them. Perhaps I'll learn from him and my other kids as they grow to question things instead of just accepting them because "that's just the way it is."

But for now, I pray they'll have a safe trip up there and back and a good time visiting with Mimi & Papa and the rest of the family that way. I'll miss them while they are gone and look forward to their safe return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home